Thursday, June 12, 2008

“If brevity is the soul of Wit, then I’ll be brief”.

This will be the briefest of blog entries, but I wanted my readership (who knows how vast it is!) to know that I will be back on keyboard tomorrow.

This week I have been battling a little salmonella, yeah, a little food poisoning.

Last weekend I went to Istanbul for the weekend, and on the way back to Amman, in the Istanbul airport, friend Chris and I pooled our Turkish Lira together and shared a piece of cheesecake from Gloria Jean's Coffees in the Food Court.

Within a half dozen hours we knew...we knew...

So this week while my stomach churned through the poison, I made it to class (sometimes barely) and otherwise tried to sleep. I visited our doctor twice, faithfully took the antibiotics, and ate very little for four days. Moreover, I wanted nothing to do with food! Boy do you get tired as your body works its survival methods to right itself!

The trip to Istanbul, lest not we forget, was great!

I hope to be back in top form tomorrow so I can send you a postcard from Istanbul...

No comments: