Monday, October 25, 2010

Gastronomic News!

I know, this is not really a blog entry, but a promise that my postcard from Kathmandu is forthcoming. I have 9 college recommendations to write in the next 48 hours, but the postcard from the conference is coming.

But, but, did I tell you?! We now have bagels with cream cheese once a week in the dining hall...my, my what little morsels of civilization will do for ya! They are started at a bakery in Amman but baked on campus, and the bagels are fresh and good, and the cream cheese reminds me of how GIs in WWII began to feel that the war was waged so that everyone could have the freedom to have Coca-Cola...

bagels and cream cheese...almost as fun as walking across the street to Barzini's and getting a bagel and walking down Broadway in Manhattan...

Ahhhhh...okay...back to grading and recommendations...

Postcard on its way!

No comments: